Emergency Management (Security)
Emergency Management is housed within the security department and responsible for maintaining Concordia University's emergency management plan.
Its mission is to reduce the vulnerability and sensitivity to hazards and risk, to cope with crisis and emergencies by facilitating, coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain and improve the universities ability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, continue operations during, and recover from natural and man-made emergencies and crises.
Emergency Management oversees the following programs:
- Emergency response planning, coordination and education
- Severe weather monitoring and response
- Fire prevention
- Emergency alerts and notification systems
- Hazardous material spill response
- Business continuity planning
- Volunteer emergency responder (CERT)
- Travel registry and international emergencies
- First Aid, CPR and fire prevention training