Emergencies are generally unexpected and can disrupt university operations and academic activities. The Emergency Management Program at Concordia seeks to improve resilience through risk identification, mitigation, preparedness planning, education, response coordination, and recovery.
Emergency Management oversees the following programs:
- Emergency response planning and coordination
- Emergency preparedness training and education
- Severe weather monitoring and response
- Fire prevention
- Emergency alert and notification systems
- Hazardous material spill response
- Business continuity planning
- Volunteer emergency responder program (CERT)
- Travel registry and international emergencies
- First Aid, CPR and fire prevention training
To learn more about Concordia’s emergency response framework, download the Emergency Response Plan Summary.