For students on a tight budget there are a few meal options available on both campuses.
- Loyola Luncheon - offers a free, healthy and delicious vegetarian lunch at the Hive (Student Centre, SC-115) Monday to Friday at 12:30 p.m.
- The Zest cafeteria located on the seventh floor of the Hall building is great for those with big appetites.
- There are a variety of dishes that will definitely satisfy any appetite. They serve everything from hot entrees, pasta, stir-fry, grilled item, salad bar and a choice of soup.
- They are open Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and again at 4:40 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- On week-ends they have the same hours except they open at 11:00 a.m. for brunch. They offer an all you can eat lunch for $9.95 and supper for $10.55.
- The People's Potato also located on the seventh floor of the Hall building is a vegan soup kitchen. They are open Monday to Friday from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. and is by donation.
- Le Frigo Vert offers some of the lowest prices on organic produce and health food. It is a non - profit, organic food cooperative that is run by Concordia Student Associations.
- They are open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Concordia students are automatically members of the co-op. Non members pay 20% more on everything in the store.
- Mother Hubbard's Cupboard is a weekly vegan supper offered by the Multi-faith Chaplaincy every Thursday evening from 5 to 7 p.m.
- A $2 donation is requested. The Multi-faith Chaplaincy is located at 2090 Mackay St.
Cheap Eats around Concordia
- Al-Taib Great for Concordia students looking for a quick, cheap hunger fix - 2125 Guy
- Basha A Montreal mecca for shawarma, falafel and shish taouk. The best is their flagship location across from the Cinéma Banque Scotia, 930 Ste-Catherine W., 866-4272
- Boustan Notable falafel two steps from Concordia. 2020A Crescent, 843-3576
- Burritoville There is now a Bishop street location of this NDG institution, steps from Concordia University. They offer vegan-friendly, organic, Tex-Mex food for reasonable prices, and you can sometimes check out a live show while you are there. 2055 Bishop, 286-2776
- Casse-Croute du Coin Affectionately known as Moe’s, this spot on de Maisonneuve behind the old Forum is a staple for students looking to get their grease quota between classes or post-party. All day breakfast and the usual fare, open until the wee hours. Not listed, but don’t fear, it ain’t going anywhere.
- Soup and Noodles A favourite spot for Chinese comestibles, so expect a small horde eager to enjoy the generous portions, low prices and great service if you come during peak feeding hours. 1871 Ste-Catherine W., 933-0531
- Restaurant Cuisine Bangkok A family-run joint with excellent Thai food and incredibly low prices. Convenient for Concordia students - it’s in the Faubourg food court. 1616 Ste-Catherine W., 935-2178