Concordia University



Transfer credits

While completing a degree in the Faculty of Arts and Science, a student may wish to take a course at another Quebec institution or at another university outside of the province. Students may do so for a variety of reasons (different course offerings, experience at another school, closeness to home, etc). In either situation, there are procedures to follow:

Within Quebec (INTU – interuniversity)

In order to be eligible to apply to take courses at another recognized university in Quebec, students in the Faculty of Arts and Science must have a last annual GPA of 2.00 or above and at least 24 credits on record.

Students must receive prior permission to take courses elsewhere. To receive permission to take a course elsewhere, students must fill out the interuniversity (INTU) form, which is then approved by their department advisor, the Faculty, and then by the "host" institution.

Upon completion of the course, credits and grades are transferred to the student's Concordia academic record once an official transcript is received from the host institution. This is an automatic process.

Outside Quebec (Visiting student)

Students who wish to take courses outside Quebec must have a last annual GPA of 2.00 or above and at least 24 credits on record. Students must receive prior permission to study elsewhere. The procedure to receive permission is to:

  1. Complete a Student Request Form
  2. Submit all relevant information on the course(s) and university they wish to attend (credit value, course description, time and place)
  3. Obtain the Department Advisor's signature
  4. Receive a letter of permission from Student Academic Services

Credit is transferred if the course is passed with a grade of C- or higher; however, grades received are not recorded on your student record or transcript. Credits received from International schools are subject to a review based on that institution's graduation requirements. The Faculty does not guarantee the number of credits that will be transferred into the student's program or degree prior to enrolment.

Note: The Faculty does not guarantee that credits taken elsewhere will be transferred and counted toward a degree if the student does not have prior permission.

Students who wish to study abroad should consult the International Student Exchange Program.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University