514-848-2424 ext. 7854, ext. 5473
Undergraduate and graduate students from all faculties at Concordia as well as from other universities can register for the WSSR to earn credits toward the completion of their degree program.
You can take the WSSR credit course either as a Department of Political Science (POLI480/683/815) or a Simone de Beauvoir Institute (WSDB498) course.
To pursue the WSSR credit option (3 credits), you must sign up for and attend six days' worth of workshops as well as register for and successfully complete one of the following courses depending on the type of student that you are.
Students are required to attend only the days of the workshops that they select. Note that all workshops run from 9:00am-4:30pm.
For undergraduate students: Undergraduate students from all faculties are welcome to take the WSSR for credit. In order to be permitted to register for the WSSR credit option, you must have completed at least 60 credits toward your program.
For graduate students: Graduate students from all faculties are welcome to take the WSSR for credit. Be sure to consult with your Graduate Program Director (GPD) in order to confirm that you are eligible to receive credit toward your degree. Please email confirmation of eligibility from your GPD to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed and submitted your "Permission Request" form (see below). For a list of Concordia GPDs and GPAs see: http://www.concordia.ca/academics/graduate/program-contacts.html
To register for the WSSR credit option, you must first request and obtain permission from the Department of Political Science. To do so, simply complete the appropriate "Permission Request" form below.
Once you have completed your "Permission Request" form, your request will be assessed promptly, and you will be notified by e-mail. Please do not forget to provide a valid e-mail on the "Permission Request" form.
Note that you will be asked to provide an unofficial copy of your university transcript. For information on how to access your unofficial transcript from your Concordia portal, download this form: view an unofficial transcript
If you have any questions, please call us at 514-848-2424 x7854, x5473.
Students who are granted permission to register for credit will be required to pay a modest fee, in addition to regular tuition, for each workshop.
Students taking the workshops for credit are charged a reduced rate of $50/day. These fees provide us with the extra funds necessary to run the WSSR and to cover the costs of:
- Bringing our visiting lecturers to Concordia
- Evening talks
- Course materials
1. The registration deadline to take the WSSR for credit is May 9, 2018.
2. Workshops run from May 7th to June 7th, 9:00am-4:30pm. Students must attend only the days of the workshops that they have registered for (totaling six full days).
1. Enrollment in this course will open in March 2018 and the full list of workshops for Fall 2018 will be released on or before August 15, 2018.
2. All workshops will take place on Fridays (and some Saturdays) from September 7th to November 30th, 9:00am-4:30pm.
1. Enrollment in this course will open in March 2018 and the full list of workshops for Winter 2019 will be released on or before November 15, 2018.
2. All workshops will take place on Fridays (and some Saturdays) from January 11th to April 12th, 9:00am-4:30pm.
Q: How many credits can I earn?
A: You can earn a maximum of three credits during each term of the WSSR.
Q: Do I have to take the WSSR for credit?
A: The WSSR are also open to take for non-credit. In fact, it is not uncommon to find civil servants, people from the private sector, students from other universities, and even members of the general public attending one or more of our workshops out of general interest. Click here to find out more.