- To find out the exact date that you are allowed to register, please visit the “Enrollment Dates” section of your Student Centre.
- No student will be allowed to see an advisor if you do not have a printed copy of your current unofficial transcript with you.
- New students must attend a political science orientation session before meeting with an advisor one-on-one.
The Department of Political Science takes its orientation and advising responsibilities very seriously and your attendance at an orientation session is mandatory. All Political Science students require academic advising prior to registration.
Appointments for academic advising
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an advising appointment. Appointments can also be made by telephone: 514-848-2424 extension 2105
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name;
- ID number;
- The specific reason you wish to see an academic advisor.
- Current program of study;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address.
Please include this information in your email message or have this information on-hand when you call the department.
When you have your appointment with an Academic Advisor, please follow these guidelines:
- Email a current copy of your unofficial transcript. Students will not be seen without this. Instructions.
- Bring any correspondence you have been sent about your current academic standing.
- Arrive 15 minutes in advance of your appointment time.
- If you can’t make your appointment for any reason, please contact the department by email or phone (ext. 2105) to cancel so we may give your spot to someone else.
If you are late for your appointment, you will miss your turn.
Undergraduate Program Director
Dr. Guy Lachapelle
Undergraduate Program Director
Advising for Honours & Exchange students (incoming and outgoing)
Office: H 1225-03
Undergraduate Academic Advising Times
By phone call or Zoom session from the Advisor to you:
Monday July 20, 10:00-11:30 am & 1:00-2:30pm
Tuesday July 21, 10:30-12:00 pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday July 22, 10:30-12:00 pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday July 23, 10:00-11:30 am & 1:00-2:30pm
Friday July 24, 10:00-11:30am
Monday July 27, 10:00-11:30 am & 2:00-3:30pm
Tuesday July 28, 10:30-12:00 pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday July 29, 10:30-12:00 pm & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday July 30, 10:00-11:30 am & 1:00-2:30pm
Friday July 31, 10:00 am to 11:30am
Monday August 3, 10:00-11:30 am & 1:00-2:30pm
Tuesday August 4, 10:30-12:00, & 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday August 5, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday August 6, 10:00-11:30am & 1:00-2:30pm
Friday August 7, 10:00-11:30am
Monday August 10, 10:00-11:30am & 1:00-2:30pm
Tuesday August 11, 10:30-12:00pm & no afternoon hours
Wednesday August 12, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday August 13, 10:00-11:30am & 1:00-2:30pm
Friday August 14, 10:00-11:30am
Monday August 17, 10:00-11:30 & 1:00 to 2:30pm
Tuesday August 18, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday August 19, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday August 20, Orientation (no advising appointments)
Friday August 21, 10:00-11:30, no afternoon hours
Monday August 24, 10:00-11:30 & 1:00-2:30pm
Tuesday August 25, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Wednesday August 26, 10:30-12:00 & 4:30-6:00pm
Thursday August 27, 10:00-11:30 & 1:00-2:30pm
Friday August 28, 10:00-11:30 & 1:00-2:30pm
Monday August 31, 10:00-11:30 & 1:00-2:30pm
A printed copy of your unofficial transcript must be brought to all appointments. Students without their unofficial transcripts cannot be seen.
Please check this website often for updates.
Our department uses a single grading system in order to convert percentages to letter grades. Listed below are the guidelines for grading utilized by the Department of Political Science.
|57-59 %||D+||1.30||Marginal pass|
|0 %||NR||0.00||Grade Not Reported|
An "F" corresponds to less than 50.
Passing courses required to fulfill curriculum requirements is not sufficient to graduate as there is also an academic performance requirement (Grade Point Average) in most degree programmes. See the pertinent section of the Faculty of Arts and Science entry (Section 31) in the Undergraduate Calendar for complete details.