Numerous career options can be envisaged after graduation whether at the BSc, MSc or PhD level.
Bachelor's or master's graduates
Graduates with a BSc or a MSc can work:
- Various industries, for example:
- biomedical and biophysics
- advanced materials
- energy production
- flight simulation
- space science
- College or secondary levels, provided that some requirements are met
- Governmental positions.
- Non-technical positions: Interestingly, physics graduates are also sought by employers for non-technical positions such as law, administration, business, journalism and publishing.
At the PhD level, besides the possibilities already mentioned, your career can also be oriented towards research and development in research institutes/industries, or research and teaching in universities.
More career opportunities
More information on careers can be found in the following web pages.
- Life of an Industrial Physicist
- Accelerator Physicists Wanted!
- Canadian Association of Physicists
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists
- Canadian Astronomical Society
- American Physical Society
- Biophysical Society
- Institute of Physics
- European Physical Society