Concordia supports its students in acquiring the knowledge and skills needed to enter the Quebec workforce. Mastering French is one of these skills — that is why the university has launched Oui Can Help! This initiative connects international students with French-language resources.
French Language Bursary Program
In May 2017, Concordia will be offering 37 bursaries to international students and 5 bursaries to out of province students. Each bursary is worth 1000 $.
The Concordia University French Language Bursary Program was established in 2011. It is intended to foster awareness of the obligations of all people in the Province of Québec to be capable of functioning in the French language in the workplace, and to encourage and enable Non-Québec Residents and International Students to enroll in French classes offered by Concordia University's Département d'études françaises.
- A full-time international student (graduate or undergraduate) ;
- Canadian or Permanent Resident with Non-Québec resident status ;
- Must have already taken and passed at least 6 credits of FRAN 200 or 300 French language courses at Concordia ;
- Must have obtained at least a grade of C for the course for which the bursary is being applied to ;
- Must be registered for at least a 3 credit FRAN 200 or 300 course for the semester following the bursary application.
The French Language Bursary is not available to:
- Students whose mother tongue or language used at home is French ;
- Independent students (except for Graduate-level students enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program) ;
- Visiting Students.
- FRAN 212, 213,214,215,218,219,221,301,302,303,305,306,315,318,319,320,321
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements and wish to apply for this bursary can do so by filling out the application form available online.
Application deadline: April 10th 2017.