The Department of Applied Human Sciences (AHSC) at Concordia offers a range of challenging and innovative programs in:
- human relations
- recreation and leisure studies
- therapeutic recreation
- community service
- family life education
- human systems intervention
- youth work
Rather than representing a single discipline, our department name expresses our approach to teaching and learning:
- Applied – We emphasize practice as well as theory.
- Human – The models and methods we teach focus on people and the systems that they are part of.
- Sciences – We draw on diverse disciplines to identify what is most relevant to intervention. Our Faculty come from social science backgrounds, and all have ongoing involvement in practice and research.
Graduates of our programs gain knowledge and skills that can lead to employment in the social and human services, corporations, community organizations, and educational institutions.