Connect with other Concordia alumni around the world via desktop or mobile in quick, one-on-one, text-based chats.
Career Conversations are online events that allow you to meet other #CUalumni to get career advice, exchange contact information and make new connections to grow your online network.
The basics: Easy as 1, 2, 3 ... 4!
Career Conversations - Winter 2017
Making it in the Valley
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EST
Engineering and Computer Science alumni professionals working in Silicon Valley share their experience and give you key advice on how to become successful in the industry. Learn more
Some Career Conversations will be exclusively for alumni based on industry, location, educational background or other topics of interest. Others events will connect alumni with students to share advice, connections or other feedback.
You will be randomly assigned to another person in the same booth to chat with. You can choose not to chat with a person when you are initially matched, but you cannot choose with whom you will be matched.
Watch a short video to see how it works.
The goal is to expand your network, so try not to turn anyone away. You never know where that connection may lead!
- You can enter multiple booths and indicate that you want to chat.
- Each chat lasts up to 10 minutes, but you can choose to end sooner.
- Your chat is automatically saved and you can access it again after the event.
- You can set up a greeting to automatically be sent when you enter a new chat session.
- It is text chat-only (no video or voice component), so it is easy to participate from the office, home, mobile device - anywhere!
- Even though it is a chat room, it is still professional networking, so write accordingly.