- General admission requirements
- Resources for parents & guardians
- Student recruitment
- Returning undergraduate students
- Student profiles
In general, if you have completed the level of education required for admission to university in your home province, state or country, and have achieved good grades, you are eligible to apply for admission. Please consult our International Applicants section below for a list of certificates recognized as qualification for application.
|International Baccalaureate||International Baccalaureate diploma with a minimum total of 27 points.|
|French Baccalaureate diploma with a minimum overall average of:
11/20 – first attempt
12/20 – second attempt
|United Kingdom (GCE)||
Students who have successfully passed Advanced Placement examinations in appropriate subjects with a grade of “3” or better may be granted some advanced standing.
The following lists some of the certificates recognized as qualification for application. Completing one of the certificates below does not guarantee admission. Should your country not be listed, we will notify you of the requirements.
- Algeria - Baccalauréat de l’enseignement secondaire
- Argentina - Bachiller or Bachiller especializado
- Australia - Year 12 upper secondary school certificate plus Tertiary Entrance Statement or equivalent
- Austria - Reifeprüfung Certificate
- Bahrain - General Certificate of Secondary Education
- Bangladesh - Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Belgium - Getuigschrift van Hoger Secundair Onderwijs/Certificate of Higher Secondary Education or Dilpoma van Secundair Onderwijs
- Bermuda - Bermuda High School Diploma
- Bolivia - Bachiller
- Brazil - Certificado de Ensino Médio
- Bulgaria - Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie
- Burkina Faso – Baccalaureat
- Cambodia - Upper Secondary School
- Cameroon - Baccalaureat (Francophone system)
- Caribbean - CXC or BGCSE plus one year college or CAPE
- Chili - Bachillerato en Ciencias or en Humanides y Ciencias Sociales
- China - Senior Middle School plus Chinese National University Entrance Examinations (if available)
- Colombia - Bachiller Academico/ Bachillerato
- Costa Rica - Bachillerato
- Côte d’Ivoire - Baccalauréat
- Cyprus - Apolytirion from a Lykion or Lise Diplomasi
- Czech Republic - Maturitni Vysveˇdcˇení (Maturity Certificate)
- Denmark - Eksamensbevis for højere teknisk eksamen (Higher Technical Certificate) or Eksamensbevis for højere handelseksamen (Higher Commercial Certificate) or Studentereksamen (Upper secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Ecuador - Bachiller en (Ciencias, Humanidades)
- Egypt - Thanaweya a`Amma
- El Salvador - Titulo de Bachiller en. Or Titulo de Bachillerato en.
- Finland - Ylioppilastutkinto or Studentexamen (Finnish Matriculation Certificate) Baccalauréat *
- France - Baccalauréat *
- Germany - Zeugnis der Allegmeine ii Hochschulreife
- Ghana - Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Greece - Apolytirio Eniaiou Lykeiou (Upper Secondary School Certificate)
- Guatemala - Bachiller en Ciencias y Letras/(Baccalaureat in Sciences and Letters)
- Haiti - Baccalauréat - Part II
- Honduras - Bachillerato/Bachiller
- Hong Kong - Certificate of Education Examinations (Hong Kong Advanced Level Examinations are acceptable as equivalent to Advanced Level passes in GCE) or Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)
- Hungary - Érettségi Bizonyìtvàny (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- India - Higher School Certificate or Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary Certificate or Indian School Certificate or All India Senior School Certificate or Pre-University Certificate
- Indonesia - Upper Secondary School Diploma (Ijazah SMA) as well as the certificate of final national examination (Surat Keterangan Hasil Ujian Nasional)
- Iran - Diplom-Metevaseth (Secondary School Leaving Certificate plus Pre-university Certificate)
- Iraq - Sixth Form Baccalauréat (Adadijah)
- Ireland - Leaving Certificate
- Israel – Bagrut (Matriculation Certificate)
- Italy - Diploma dell’ Esame di Stato conclusivo dei Corsi di Istruzione Secondaria Superiore**
- Japan - Kotogakko Sotsugyo Shomeisho (Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Jordan - Tawjihi (General Secondary Education Certificate)
- Kenya - Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- Korea (South) - Inmungye Kodung Hakkyo (High School Certificate)
- Kuwait - Shahadat Al-Thanawiya-Al-A’ama (General Secondary Education Certificate)
- Lebanon - Baccalauréat (General Secondary School Certificate)
- Libya - Secondary Education Certificate
- Madagascar - Baccalauréat de l’Enseignement Secondaire
- Malaysia - Malaysian Higher School Certificate (STPM)* or Unified Examination Certificate for Independent Chinese Schools in Malaysia (UEC)
- Mali - Baccalaureat Malian (3 years)
- Mauritius - General Certificate of Education Advanced Level or Higher School Certificate *
- Mexico - Bachillerato
- Morocco - Baccalauréat
- Netherlands - Diploma Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) gained at a gymnasium or athenaeum
- New Zealand - National Certificate of Educational Achievement
- Nicaragua - Bachillerato en Humanidades or Bachillerato en Ciencias
- Niger - Baccalauréat
- Nigeria - Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Norway - Vitnemål fra Videregäende Skole
- Pakistan - Intermediate Certificate or Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Palestine - Tawjihi (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) or Al Thanaweya Al A'ama (General Secondary School Certificate)
- Panama - Diploma de Educacion Media or Diploma de Bachiller
- Paraguay - Bachiller Humanistico-scientifico
- Peru - Certificado de Educacion Secundaria Comun Completa or Bachillerato Academico
- Philippines - High School Diploma plus one year of university
- Poland - Matura/Świadectwo dojrzałos´ci
- Qatar - Al-Thanawiya Aama Qatari (Qatar General Secondary Education Certificate)
- Romania - Diploma de Bacalauréat
- Russian Federation - Certificate of Secondary Complete General Education
- Rwanda - Secondary Education Advanced Level Examination Certificate
- Saudi Arabia - Shahadat Al-Marhalat Al Thanawiyyat (General Secondary Education Certificate)
- Scotland - Scottish Qualifications Certificate with 4 Highers.
- Singapore - Cambridge GCE A Level Examination *
- Slovak Republic - Vysveˇdcˇení o Maturitnej Skúˇske (Certificate of Maturity)
- South Africa - National Senior Certificate
- Spain - Titulo de Bachiller
- Sri Lanka - Sri Lanka GCE Advanced Level
- Suriname - Voorbereldend Wetenschappelljk Onderwijs(VWO) (General Lower Sec. Sc plus Pre-Univ. Certificate)
- Sweden - Slutbetyg Fran Gymnasieskola (High School Leaving Certificate)
- Switzerland – Maturitätszeugnis,Certificat de maturité Attestali du Maturità *
- Syria - Al Shashada Al Thanawiyya Al’Amma (Baccalauréat/GeneralSecondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Taiwan - Senior High School Diploma
- Thailand - Matayom VI (Upper Secondary School Certificate)
- Tunisia - Baccalaureat
- Turkey - Lise Diplomasi (General Secondary School Diploma)
- United Arab Emirates - Shahadat Al-Thanawiya Al- Amma (General Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Uruguay – Bachillerato
- Venezuela - Bachillerato
- Vietnam - Bằng Tốt Nghiệp Trung Học Phồ Thộng ( Senior High School Certificate) plus the university entrance exam
- Yemen - Al-Thanawiya (General Secondary Education Certificate)
The absence of the asterisk (*) indicates the certificate is acceptable for application to a four-year (120-credit) program or the five-year program (150-credit) in BA (Early Childhood and Elementary Education), BEng, BEd (TESL), or BFA (Specialization in Art Education).
* The certificate is accepted for application to a three-year (90-credit) degree program or a four-year BA (Early Childhood and Elementary Education), BEng, BEd (Teaching English as a Second Language), or BFA (Specialization in Art Education) program.
** The certificate is normally acceptable for entry to a four-year (120-credit) program with the possibility of some advanced standing (credits).
For transfer from universities outside Canada, please consult General admission requirements.
Anyone other than Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents who wishes to pursue studies in the province of Quebec for a period of more than six months must obtain both a Certificat d'acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) and a Canadian Study Permit before entering Canada. International students admitted to a course or program of studies with a duration of six months or less are not required to obtain a CAQ or Canadian Study Permit.
The CAQ must be obtained from Immigration Quebec authorities before Immigration Canada can issue a Study Permit. As it may take several months to obtain a Study Permit, the process should be started immediately upon receiving an Offer of Admission from Concordia. The Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie (MESRST) considers Convention Refugees, Refugee Claimants, and Protected Persons who have not yet obtained their Permanent Residency status in Canada as International students. For this reason, they are required to obtain a CAQ or Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) and a Study Permit.
Information on how to obtain these documents is mailed with the Offer of Admission and is also available at the International Students Office, supportservices.concordia.ca/iso.
You must arrange funding before leaving for Canada. When applying for the CAQ and the Canadian Study Permit, you will be required to present evidence of sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses. Please see Tuition and Fees.
Canadian immigration regulations allow International students to work on or off campus. Temporary employment, however, is not considered a sufficient source of funding, except for graduate students employed as research or teaching assistants. If you are accompanied by your spouse, Immigration Canada will allow him/her to work on or off campus. Contact the International Students Office for information on obtaining off-campus employment, supportservices.concordia.ca/iso.
Source: Undergraduate Guide 2011-2012 & Undergraduate Program Guide 2012-2013