Methods of payment
The University will not accept cash for the payment of student tuition and compulsory fees. Payments can be made using any of the following methods.
What’s the easiest way to pay your fees? Make the payment with Online Banking! It’s Quick, Easy and Free!
The steps are:
- Sign in to your online banking app or website (any Bank in Canada)
- Choose Bill Payment
- Add “Concordia University” as a new Payee
- Use your 8-digit student ID as the account number
- Enter the amount you need to pay
Need Help? Your bank will be happy to walk you through the process.
Anxious about paying Bills Online? You can even pay your fees by visiting or calling your bank. Just let them know you want to make a payment to Concordia University and simply provide your 8-digit student ID.
On average, this type of payment takes 3-5 business days to appear on your Student Account. Don’t panic! You will NOT be charged any late fees if this payment is made with your bank on or before the payment deadline.
Students can pay tuition fees online using MasterCard and Visa credit cards only. MasterCard debit and Visa debit cards are not an accepted payment option.
The use of non-Canadian dollar denominated credit cards for tuition fee payments is not recommended. For all international credit card transactions, please use the CIBC International Pay platform.
Moneris will charge a 1.75% non-refundable convinience fee for using this service.
Concordia has made a credit payment option available by popular demand, but reccommends students first consider other methods of payment that do not incur charges or convinience fees.
Access this service through the student portal (MyConcordia.ca). Once you are logged in, navigate to: My Student Center> Make a payment> Tuition & Fees - Credit Card.
If you pay tuition at a Canadian banking institution please use your new 8-digit student ID. To do so, Set up Concordia University as a payee and use the 8-digit student ID number as the Concordia account number.
Returning students, who do not have a new 8 digit ID card*, are encouraged to update their Concordia account number with their financial institution to the new 8 digit ID format. Add a 2, good as new! You’ll need to add a 2 at the beginning of the 7-digit number sequence to create an 8-digit ID number.
*For sustainability and cost reasons, Concordia will not be issuing new ID cards for students with 7-digit ID cards. You will continue to use your existing ID card for the remainder of your studies at the university, but any replacement cards will feature the new 8-digit ID.
Each bank's processing time varies and it normally takes a minimum of 3 - 5 business days for the payment to appear on a student's account.
A personal or certified cheque, money order or bank draft can be mailed as follows. The cheque must be made payable to Concordia University and a legible 8-dgit student I.D. number must be written on both the front and back of the cheque. The cheque payment is mailed to
c/o Student Accounts Office
Postal Box 339
Place d'Armes Post Office
Montreal, QC H2Y 3L9
All corrections made to a cheque, e.g. wrong date, amount, etc. must be initialled by the bank account holder. Otherwise, our bank may not process the cheque, the cheque will be returned to the student and the student will be charged a returned item processing fee.
Students can avoid mailing and processing delays by preparing a post-dated cheque, making it payable on the deadline date and mailing it well ahead of the payment deadline date. Our bank will process the payment on the date noted on the cheque and the payment will appear on the student's account by the payment deadline date. The student will not be charged a late payment fee or interest for any cheque that is negotiable (dated) on the deadline date, e.g. September 30th for fall term fees.
In-person payments made at the Birks Student Service Centre in S-LB-185 can be made by personal or certified cheque, money order, bank draft or debit card (Interac).
Canadian banks limit the "daily" amount that can be withdrawn with a debit (Interac) card even if the monies are available in the student's bank account. Before going to the Birks Student Service Centre to pay a large sum by debit card, students are asked to contact their bank to advise them that a large payment will be made. The bank should also be advised of the amount of the payment. Your bank will temporarily lift the "per day" limit, and your payment will be processed by Concordia without undue delays.
Students who bank with TD Canada Trust*, or the Royal Bank of Canada may take advantage of this online payment service. The payment appears on the student's account the instant the payment is approved. Access this service through the student portal (MyConcordia.ca). Once you are logged in, navigate to: My Student Centre » make a payment » Tuition & Fees -INTERAC Online.
*Please note: Clients with an access card containing both the Interac and Visa or MasterCard logos are not set up to access the Interac Online Payment service.
International Wire Transfer Payments
Concordia University has partnered with CIBC International Student Pay and Western Union to allow U.S. and International students to pay for their tuition in the currency of their choice, while providing a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
Concordia University has partnered with CIBC International Student Pay to offer a secure online portal for International Students to make tuition payments in their local currency.
Benefits of the International Student Pay Program:
- Enhanced Student Experience: Easily make payments in your preferred currency through an intuitive and secure portal
- Access to Live Foreign Exchange Rates: With CIBC International Student Pay you will have access to the competitive foreign exchange rates CIBC is providing to Concordia University. You can review the quote up-front to see what Exchange Rate is used.
- Diverse Payment Methods: The following payment methods are currently available through CIBC’s International Student Pay platform: International Bank Wire, ACH Direct Debit for U.S. bank accounts, Visa & MasterCard debit and credit cards, and China UnionPay credit and debit cards.
- E-mail Support: CIBC International Student Pay provides customer service support through a dedicated and responsive team.
- End-to-End Communication: CIBC International Student Pay provides payment status updates and reminders to facilitate timely payment to Concordia University.
How it works:
- Students are required to log in using their student portal www.myconcordia.ca
- Navigate to: My Student Centre » Finances » Make a Payment » Pay » CIBC International Student Pay
- Payments will typically take 2-5 business days to be reflected in your student account.
- For Wire Transfers: You will receive detailed instructions and a reference code to deliver to your local bank within 72 hours (excluding weekends). Your bank simply follows the instructions and sends the funds to Concordia University.
- For China UnionPay: Students from China can now pay their fees to Concordia University in Chinese Renminbi (CNY) with their China UnionPay card. When completing a payment through the International Student Pay platform using UnionPay, the rate provided will be valid for 20 minutes and after submitting the transaction the funds will be processed.
- For Visa & MasterCard: Paying with your debit and credit card is a fast and convenient method to complete your entire payment online, without needing to visit a bank branch in person. When completing a payment through the International Student Pay platform using a credit card, the rate provided will be valid for 20 minutes and after submitting the transaction the funds will be processed.
- For ACH Direct Debit: Students from the United States (or U.S bank account holders) can use the Direct Debit option and authorize CIBC to directly debit their U.S. bank account.
Concordia University has partnered with Western Union to allow U.S. and International students to pay for their tuition in the currency of their choice, while providing a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
Access this service through the student portal (MyConcordia.ca). Once you are logged in, navigate to: My Student Centre » Make a Payment » Pay » Western Union Intl. Wire
- Select your payment currency and finalize your transaction to guarantee your exchange rate.
- Please read the conditions stated on the confirmation screen carefully.
- As the exchange rate is only valid for 72 hours the Payment Confirmation Form must be taken to your local bank within 1 to 3 days.