Concordia University

For international students

When you receive permission to register as an independent student at Concordia, your next step is to bring your immigration documents to the International Students Office (ISO). Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation requires the University to have a copy of each international student's immigration documents on file.  

You will find the ISO on the third floor of the GM Building, in room 330. Please bring the following documents:

  • your Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
  • your Study Permit
  • a copy of your passport, if you have been admitted as an independent student for a period of six months or less

Please note that you will not be permitted to register for your courses until after your visit to the ISO.

You will need to submit your immigration documents to the ISO before the DNE deadline of your first semester at Concordia, and thereafter every time you renew your documents. Failure to submit these documents to the University before the deadline may result in the cancellation of your registration. 

Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation allows some international students to pay the provincial tuition rate through international fee exemptions. Refugees, and diplomats and their dependents may qualify.

International students are covered by a compulsory health insurance plan as per government regulations. Contact the ISO to pick up your health insurance card and get more information about the plan.

Back to top

© Concordia University