Environmental Engineering Graduate Certificate
Applicants to a certificate must hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering with an above-average standing. The Department will recommend on the acceptability of an applicant for admission to the program and may require the applicant to do specific remedial course work to meet the program requirements.
Requirements for the Certificate
The program can be completed in one year. Students with high standing in their bachelor program and whose academic records satisfy the requirements for good standing in the Master’s Program in Civil Engineering may apply for transfer to the Master’s program.
- Credits. A fully qualified candidate is required to complete a minimum of 16 credits.
- Courses. Candidates in the graduate certificate program must take 12 credits of core courses in an area of concentration while the balance of 4 credits may be chosen from the elective list or other courses offered by the Department. Core courses for which credits have been credited to another certificate or program must be replaced by elective courses in the area of concentration or by other courses on special permission.
- Academic Standing. Please refer to the Academic Standing section of the Calendar for a detailed review of the Academic Regulations.
Program Specific Requirments. An Assessment Grade Point Average (AGPA) of at least 2.70 based on a minimum of 8 credits is required.
- Time Limit. Please refer to the Academic Regulation page for further details regarding the Time Limit requirements.
- Graduation. To be eligible to graduate, students must have obtained a CGPA of at least 2.70.
Industrial Waste Management. Core courses: CIVI 6611, CIVI 6481, ENGR 6971.
Electives: CIVI 6641, CIVI 6491, CIVI 6651, CIVI 6621, CIVI 6631.
Environmental Auditing. Core courses: CIVI 6491, CIVI 6671, CIVI 6661.
Electives: CIVI 6481, CIVI 6631, POLI 6051, ENGR 6401, ENGR 6831.
Modelling in Environmental Systems. Core courses: CIVI 6601, CIVI 6651, CIVI 6611.
Electives: CIVI 6671, 6661, 6491, 6621, 6641, BLDG 6721.