Professional Experience (PREX)
Professional Experience is for Computation Arts and Design, Journalism and Physics students.
Our alternative options function like our regular Co-op programs with two main exceptions:
- They allow a flexible number of work terms, depending on the degree program
- They have a different application process
If you are accepted into an alternative option, you’ll have the same responsibilities as students in the regular Co-op programs. Like Co-op, these work terms will give you a competitive edge when you join the workforce. As a student you will:
A Professional Experience (PREX) option is available in following undergraduate programs in the Faculty of Fine Arts and the Faculty of Arts and Science:
Work terms are paid, full-time internships related to your field of study. They last 12 to 16 weeks and take place during the Summer, Fall or Winter. As a student in this program, you can choose to do one or two work terms.
Undergraduate academic requirements & application process
You are eligible for the Professional Experience (PREX) option if you:
- Are enrolled in a minimum of 9 academic credits in the semester before your work term
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credits before your first work term
- Maintain the required annual and cumulative GPA for your program throughout the time you are enrolled in the Professional Experience (PREX) option
-Computation Arts and Design: 2.5
- Are proficient in either English or French. Students who are weak in French must be willing to do work terms outside of the province of Quebec.
In September or October of every year, you will be contacted by your respective department to apply.
You will need to demonstrate that you meet the academic requirements as well as submit a letter of intent, your resume and a copy of your transcript by the deadline indicated. You will be asekd to send the application to your Academic Director and to cc the Co-op Program Coordinator for yoru respective program.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator or Academic Director for your respective program:
|Rachel Bureau||Computation Arts, Design and Journalism
|email@example.com||(514) 848-2424 Extension 3954
|firstname.lastname@example.org||(514) 848-2424 Extension 3987|
|Pippin Barr||Computation Arts and Design
|email@example.com||(514) 848-2424 Extension 2058|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||(514) 848-2424 Extension 2485|
|email@example.com||(514) 848-2424 Extension 3264|