- Provide multiple rounds of initiative selection and a range of supports to a diverse set of high-potential initiatives;
- Work with collaboration catalysts to offer small-scale funding and support packages, designed to initiate engagement with existing or emerging multi-stakeholder initiatives that have the potential for longer term engagement with SHIFT.
- We recruited and built our Steering Committee, which is responsible for guiding SHIFT's funding allocation process in line with our mission and values
- We consulted with partners to get feedback on our proposed funding and support model
- We announced the details of our Funding and Support Program, designed to support multi-stakeholder teams working on socially transformative projects.
- We launched the call for applications for Round 1 Funding and Support ($40,000 available)
- We hosted information sessions and office hours to support applicants.
- 39 teams submitted applications.
- 7 project teams received funding for Round 1. Read more about these projects..
- We updated the details about our Funding and Support Program on our website, but delayed the official launch of Round 2 due to the evolving context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We launched a temporary and accelerated funding program to support tranformative responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A community-led committee met weekly to make funding
- Over eight weeks from April to June 2020, we contributed a total of $70,000 to 15 projects aimed at responding to the current health crisis and taking advantage of this unprecedented moment of social transformation.