INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER (C1588/C1589)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: February 13, 2013
This posting represents two full-time contract positions effective until August 31, 2013.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Student Recruitment, the incumbent provides information and advice to potential students and participates in the development, planning, and preparation of recruitment and liaison strategies.
- Active involvement in the development, planning, preparation and undertaking of established University recruitment strategies.
- Raise the Universityís profile by participating in off-campus recruitment activities. Assist with on-campus Advisor/Counsellor Information Days, Open House sessions and special tours for specific or large groups.
- Work in collaboration with the student recruitment team to make suggestions on improvements to the recruitment process and identify new opportunities and markets.
- Work within the Student Recruitment team to establish annual travel schedule and budget.
- Lead an international recruitment project portfolio as assigned on a yearly rotating basis.
- Collaborate with the Enrolment Services Marketing and Student Communications Team to provide suggestions on the content of recruitment publications and communications to ensure they are reflective of prospective student information needs.
- Engage with international prospective students via social media.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelorís degree and two to four years of work experience in student recruitment, public relations or marketing.
- Good spoken and written English, French, and Mandarin (Level 4) in order to inform and advise students and to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and to assist in the development of promotional material.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Intermediate PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Outgoing personality who thrives on working with the public.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Possession of a valid driverís license and passport.
- Required to travel extensively and to work flexible hours.
$ 57,922.98 - $69,223.33 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 13, 2013, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.