COORDINATOR, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RECRUITMENT (C1590)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: February 12, 2013
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until August 31, 2013.
Reporting to the Director, Student Recruitment, the incumbent coordinates and implements university-wide international student recruitment activities, as well as assists in the development and implementation of recruitment and liaison strategies to help meet University enrolment goals.
- Coordinate, integrate and oversee University-wide undergraduate and international recruitment activities.
- Hire, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate direct report personnel.
- Liaise with faculty recruiters, academic advisors and related stakeholders.
- Research and interpret statistical information to identify potential applicant markets at the national level and international level.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with the Director and key stakeholders, recruitment plans and strategies to meet University enrolment goals.
- Develop liaison programs with source school advisors and associated “influencers”.
- Represent Concordia at recruitment/liaison events; recommend unit budget.
- Advise potential students and/or staff concerning difficult situations, issues and/or new policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree with four to seven years of related experience.
- Good spoken and written English, French and Mandarin (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively, deliver presentations, and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to create documents) and intermediate knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (to create and update reports and presentations).
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead a team and foster a positive team environment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to commit to extensive travels and extended time schedules.
$71, 731.00 $ – $ 84,039.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 12, 2013, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.