Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
STUDENT ACCOUNTS AND UNIVERSITY CASHIERíS OFFICE
Deadline: February 14, 2013
This is a full-time leave replacement position effective until November 28, 2014.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Accounts and University Cashierís Office (SAO) and is the immediate (line) supervisor of several SAO clerical staff members, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising the daily administrative operations of the SAO and ensuring that accounting services and activities are administered in accordance with established controls, procedures and guidelines. He/she will also set standards for level of unit services and provide administrative direction regarding the unitís goals and objectives. He/she will also develop and implement procedures and/or controls to enhance the operations of the Services unit.
- Supervise support staff in the daily operations of the unit; plan, schedule, train and direct the work of staff in accordance with the unit's goals and objectives; recruit, interview, and select employees; develop work schedules according to budgets and workloads; supervise the work of SAO clerical staff to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Ensure that the Universityís financial regulations are applied by the Student Accounts Office (SAO) are within the established guidelines.
- Ensure the integrity and security of financial data; investigate discrepancies or anomalies in accounting processes and communicate with proper person; assist in the preparation of statistical and financial data for inclusion in internal and/or external reports; compile data for, and prepare regularly scheduled and special accounting reports, analyses and statements; determine the best approach to resolve financial issues between departments, vendors, and administrators.
- Resolve customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures; implement departmental policies, procedures and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Represent unit at internal and/or external meetings; participate actively as a member of the SAO team that administers and develops the fee billing system and interface with the Financial Information System.
- Back-up and replace the Manager during his or her absence.
- Bachelorís degree, preferably in Commerce and with a major in Accounting or Administration or in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related experience, proven experience working in a supervisory position is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and collection procedures and practices, competency and facility to work with numbers and statistical data.
- Strong process analysis and technical writing skills and process analysis experience is essential.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 5) and good knowledge of spoken and written French (Level 4) in order to write articles and reports, to give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and to deal with people in situations that require accurate use of both languages.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to create spreadsheets, work with charts, use mathematical and financial functions) and knowledge (Basic level) of Word. Working knowledge of on-line computing systems is essential.
- Strong communication, customer service, decision-making, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead a team and foster a positive team work environment.
$73,498.65 - $81205.14 - $85,277.69 per annum (Pay Equity adjusted salary rate)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 14, 2013, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.