COORDINATOR, ADVERTISING/NON-ACADEMIC CLIENTS (P4911)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES (UCS)
Deadline: February 1, 2013
This is a full-time temporary replacement effective until September 2014.
Reporting to the Executive Director, University Communications Services, the incumbent works with members of the non-academic sector to plan the execution of design, photography, and videography and ensures that other communications work requested is assigned to the appropriate resource in UCS and is effectively executed.
- Be responsible for all client services for the non-academic units of the University.
- Coordinate the schedule of the designers and of the studio and web staff as it relates to non-academic units.
- Coordinate work assignments related to non-academic units with other members of UCS.
- Assess clients’ needs and target audience, budget, and timeframe.
- Develop and advise on effective marketing strategies. Coordinate with internal and external professional suppliers to ensure the project completion in a cost and time efficient manner.
- Oversee the production process for the following phases: scheduling, tracking progress, obtaining approvals, ensuring that clients’ needs, targets, and deadlines are met and that university standards and Concordia’s public image are upheld.
- Enter and track work dockets in Easy Project database.
- Work with clients to book advertisements and then coordinate the invoicing, scheduling, and payment.
- Assess advertising opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of work experience in a creative environment. Experience of marketing and branding for educational organizations highly desirable.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) to review and modify content; basic spoken French (Level 3) for routine communication.
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Easy Project, In Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
- Solid knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of production processes and of quality and cost control techniques.
- Good knowledge of customer-service principles and processes, such as needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good organizational skills; ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
$53,631.07 - $64,094.09 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 1, 2013, to:Tania Nesterow-Boyer
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.