ANALYST, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (C4535)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE VICE-PRESIDENT SERVICES
Deadline: January 21, 2013
This is a full-time contract position, effective until December 31, 2015.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Budget Planning and Business Development, Vice-President, Services, the incumbent will provide business advice and financial expertise with respect to the renewal of numerous large University contracts within Hospitality Concordia, Campus Retail Stores other areas within the Services Sector. Investigate the financial viability of new business initiatives within the Sector and ensure that the current efforts and suggested services are aligned with the VP Services and University’s strategy and objectives.
- Coordinate and administer a University-wide review of Food Services to be incorporated in the upcoming request for Proposal (RFP) document and review the D-Print contracts expiring both in 2015. Compile the required information in collaboration with different departments and external analysis (ex. surveys) and summarize within the RFP document for further review by Purchasing and Legal Counsel.
- Provide Executive Director financial and business advice and/or informed opinions on how to ensure optimal financial results based on alternative scenarios.
- With data collection, perform financial planning, funding development, implementation, forecasting, measurement processes of return on business activities. Analyze business cases and help implement strategic plans as approved by the Executive Director and VP Services.
- Investigate the financial viability of potential investment opportunities as assigned by the Executive Director and Vice-President Services. Provide recommendation of opportunities and alternative implementation scenarios with respect to overall VP Services and University’s strategy.
- Coordinate, monitor and analyze the compilation of data necessary to the decision-making process.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of improved financial, accounting and business operational processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of four to seven years’ experience in a related field.
- Project management knowledge and experience.
- Good spoken and written English (level 4) to compile reports, to create documents, and to communicate detailed information; Basic spoken French (level 3) to respond to inquiries and to give information.
- Thorough knowledge of the business, reorganization, start-up and project management environment is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, along with proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning processes, direct and manage projects within established parameters.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
$57,922.98 - $69,223.33 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 21, 2013, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.