DATA ENTRY CLERK - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (P4931)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: January 10, 2013
Reporting to the Supervisor – Accounts Payable, the incumbent is responsible for all data entry of direct payments and expense reimbursement reports into the University’s Financial Information System (Banner). He/she ensures that all direct payment invoices have appropriate budget/account code and are approved by appropriate faculty/staff member, appropriately tax coding all direct payment invoices according to Government tax legislation and University policy, and processes and pays vendor invoices for select accounts.
- Upon receiving the expense reimbursement forms from the Accounts Payable Clerk, verify them for appropriate approval and completeness before entering them into Banner. Enter direct pay invoices and expense reimbursements into Banner and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ensure all direct payment invoices have appropriate budget/activity codes and are ready for data entry.
- Tax code all direct payment invoices.
- Enter all special accounts into Banner (i.e. Taxi, Couriers, Utilities, etc.).
- Enter the payment of weekly check requisitions from Payroll.
- Process select vendor invoices. Review vendor invoices for appropriate approval and completeness before processing them for payment.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2year-DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of related work experience in an office setting.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to respond to general inquiries from walk-ins, call-ins and emails and write brief memorandums, notes and emails to both University staff and faculty members as well as external parties. Basic spoken French (Level 3).
- Knowledge (Basic level) of Word (to create and format documents) and of Excel (to input data into a spreadsheet).
- Experience entering data accurately into a financial database is essential.
- Superior keyboard skills in regards to speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
$18.90 - $22.53 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 10, 2013, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.