ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK/RECEPTIONIST (P4927)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: January 10, 2013
Reporting to the Supervisor – Accounts Payable, the incumbent is responsible for validating, auditing and balancing all invoices to their respective check for the weekly check run. He/she is also responsible for greeting and directing all callers and walk-ins to the appropriate staff members/services and opening/distributing all incoming mail to staff members.
- Provide front-line service to internal and external clients by advising and directing them appropriately. Provide information to vendors, faculty and/or staff members as to the status of outstanding invoices and expense reimbursements.
- Perform two-way match of printed checks from the weekly check run to their respective invoices while validating the amount and the payee name and address.
- Open, date-stamp, sort and distribute all daily incoming mail to appropriate staff members.
- Balance credit reports (i.e. all outstanding credits due to the University). Contact vendors that have outstanding credits on the University’s account to ensure they are being applied to amounts owed to them by the University.
- Draft memos to vendors regarding invoices and account balances as required.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2year DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibility and two to four years of experience working in an office setting.
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to respond to general inquiries from walk-ins, call-ins and emails and write brief memorandums, notes and emails to both University staff and faculty members as well as external parties.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to create and format documents) and of Excel (to input data into a spreadsheet).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
$20.58 – $24.48 per hour (Pay Equity salary adjusted pay rate)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 10, 2013, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.