MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES (P1590)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: January 3, 2013
Reporting to the Director, infrastructure and Operations, the Manager, Infrastructure Services plans, organizes and manages staff and overall operations to ensure secure, reliable operation of the organizationís IT infrastructure authentication, communications and collaboration services. The incumbent will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage professional and technical staff and set priorities.
- Ensure all work is properly scheduled, tested, documented and completed as specified sing industry standard practices and procedures.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Establish and monitor service level targets.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work, project plans, progress reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts; negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Develop, implement, document and maintain industry standard practices and procedures in support of mandate.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation; manage software license agreements, maintenance contracts and other service agreements as required.
- Bachelorís degree in computer science or management information systems or a related discipline and four to seven years of systems experience, including at least two years in a management capacity.
- Minimum of two years hands-on experience supporting MS Exchange, Active Directory and NTFS file share systems.
- Hands on experience supporting NFS or other Unix/Linux based file sharing transfer solutions an asset.
- Generalist who understands the strategic implication of various infrastructure authentication, communications and collaboration services.
- Broad understanding of information systems.
- In depth knowledge of Linux/Unix OS desirable.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and decision making skills, coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Demonstrated large-scale project-management skills.
- Proven ability as an IT change champion.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to motivate people in contextually conflicting circumstances.
- Proven team leader and team builder, with the ability to foster a positive team environment,
- Good spoken and written English (level 4) and basic spoken French (Level 3) to provide technical information and respond to work-related questions. Written French an asset.
- Experience using project management tools, good knowledge of Excel (intermediate level) and basic knowledge of Word.
$78,226.13- $86,429.53- $90,765.33 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 3, 2013, to:Maude Bellenguez-Lavin
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.