Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: December 7, 2012
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours of work per week (4-day workweek, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Reporting to the Architectural Supervisor, the incumbent installs, repairs, and maintains the key system and the working mechanisms that operate, lock and unlock the doors at the University.
- Install, repair, adjust and change lock combinations.
- Install, repair and maintain mechanical and electronic access control units
- Install, repair and maintain various types of door hardware.
- Cut various types of keys that are requested by the different departments.
- Maintain and manage the key systems of the University.
- Make new key systems within the existing systems and maintain various records.
- Create new master key systems as required
- Coordinate established work based on client needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- High School Diploma (DSS) and two years of work related experience.
- Locksmith permit from ‘Bureau de la Securite Privee’.
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 3) and basic knowledge of spoken French (Level 3).
- Knowledge (Basic level) of Word and Excel an asset. Knowledge of other locksmith, key cutting and maintenance programs (i.e.: Code Sources and KMS).
- Ability to read and work with plans.
- Good motor and interpersonal skills, detailed-oriented and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and part of a team and under pressure.
- Physical ability as attested by a successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction.
$20.70 per hour (Collective Agreement under negotiation)
UNITED STEEL WORKERS – LOCAL SECTION 9538 (SGW)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 7, 2012, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.