Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: December 6, 2012
Reporting to the Manager, Desktop Support Group, the incumbent is responsible for the troubleshooting and resolution of third level desktop support requests. The consultant deploys and maintains client computer standard images for operating systems and applications and provides support and maintenance of applications/tolls required by IITS for the management of Concordia Universityís computer and office technology.
- Identify root causes of incidents and produce solutions, or request changes, to prevent reoccurrence.
- Restore disrupted services in a timely manner by designing and deploying workarounds or permanent solutions.
- Deploy new computer images while ensuring that configuration management and asset management tools are adequately supported, up to date, and baseline configurations are maintained.
- Advise on security configurations, best practices, and incident management for enterprise desktop/laptop computers that adhere to the IT management framework set out by IITS.
- Maintain and support tools and applications under the responsibility of the Desktop Support Group (DSG) such as MS System center Configuration Manager and Sophos Enterprise Console.
- Provide guidance and training to junior consultants and technicians within the group.
- Bachelorís degree in Computer Science or a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience, including at least two years of experience in at least two desktop computer platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with and troubleshooting Windows, OS X and iOS platforms.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office applications and other productivity suites.
- Familiarity with IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL, ISO 20000) and a passion for information technologies and IT service improvement highly desirable.
- Good spoken English (Level 4) in order to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions; basic written English (Level 3) to prepare short, routine correspondence; basic spoken French (Level 3) to respond to routine inquiries.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service orientation
- Strong ability for critical thinking and problem solving.
- Result oriented, proactive and resourceful.
$ 53,631.07 - $ 64,094.09 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 6, 2012, to:Maude Bellenguez-Lavin
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.