ADMISSIONS ADVISOR, INDEPENDENT STUDENTS (P4072B)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: December 4, 2012
Reporting to the Director, Admissions & Services to Students, the incumbent oversees the admission of all undergraduate Independent Students. He/she also is responsible for the review of all student requests and re-admission applications for these students.
- Monitor, review and evaluate Independent Student applications and requests, and provide prompt and appropriate responses; ensure the Director is regularly advised of issues and concerns relating to complex cases.
- Provide information to independent students on policies & procedures; maintain and update the online independent student guide.
- Chair the Independent Student Request Committee and represent the Independent Student portfolio on committees as required.
- Validate the failure assessment results.
- Review and evaluate applications for re-admission.
- Participate in recruitment activities designed to attract potential independent students to a Faculty and to the University.
- Perform other duties in support of Enrolment Services.
- Bachelorís degree and two to four years of related work experience in an academic setting.
- Good spoken and written English and good spoken French (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with students and to provide detailed information; basic written French (Level 3) in order to provide general information and respond to inquiries.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel (to work with documents and spreadsheets).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, with the ability to deal assertively but politely with the internal and external communities.
- Ability to work under pressure for extended periods of time and take initiatives.
- Proven ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
$57,922.98 - $69,223.33 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 4, 2012, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.