SENIOR SYSTEMS/SOFTWARE ANALYST (P4284A)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: March 18, 2013
Reporting to the Manager, Systems and Software, the incumbent is responsible for managing major computer systems on Concordia University’s information infrastructure.
- Plan, implement, upgrade, administer, and document computers and application implementations, including configuration, scripting, software upgrades, performance monitoring, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Ensure systems security including monitoring, redundancy, firewall, backups, disaster planning.
- Communicate server plans, issues and changes to staff; liaise with other university departments.
- Plan and implement systems infrastructure and server solutions for department needs.
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience working with Microsoft servers in a medium to large size organization.
- Direct experience installing server hardware and software as well as related equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with LINUX operating systems. Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux desirable.
- Experience developing and maintaining OS and application level scripts (e.g. PHP, VBS), SQL commands. Knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell an asset.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with installing and supporting MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL database applications and Postgres database environments.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft OS workstation management and configuration including Group Policies, WSUS, and image creation.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with VMware enterprise products
- Advanced knowledge of and experience working with configurations involving network protocols such as TCP/IP routing, DNS, Microsoft Server networking, Active Directory, Exchange server, etc.
- Good spoken and written English language skills (Level 4) to provide complex information, clear explanations and documentation, not only to peers but also to end-users. Knowledge of French an asset.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills along with interpersonal and teamwork skills.
$62,844.09 – $75,104.50 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 18, 2013, to:Maude Bellenguez-Lavin
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.