PLUMBER – DAY SHIFT (P3550) AND PLUMBER – EVENING SHIFT (P4889) (P3550-P4889)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: June 6, 2013
This posting represents two permanent full-time positions.
Day shift: 38.75 hours of work per week; (5-days workweek, working from 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.).
Evening shift: 38.75 hours of work per week; (5-days workweek, working from 14:00p.m. to 22:15p.m.). At times, may have to work during the day shift, as per the schedule in the Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Technical and Mechanical Supervisor, the incumbent installs and maintains plumbing and heating equipment.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Install plumbing systems and fixtures, with or without plans and specifications.
- Install, modify, replace, repair, and service all plumbing, heating, and fire prevention systems.
- Verify operational condition of fixtures and systems, take readings (such as pressure and temperature), and make necessary adjustments.
- Verify and inspect assigned areas.
- Complete forms and routine reports.
- Respond to emergency calls on either campus when required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned (including cleaning of equipment and mechanical rooms).
- High School Diploma (DSS) and five years of related work experience.
- Plumbing Certification.
- Heating and gas licenses (category 111 or 121) and Health and Safety course desirable.
- Working knowledge of steam fitting, gas installations, and welding; ability to read blue prints.
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English and French (Level 3) in order to read and understanding drawings, instructions, technical manual, respond to service calls and to complete forms and routine reports.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills; customer-service orientation.
- Valid driver’s license is an asset.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction to (e.g. to lift and/or to pull light weights (less than 25kg) or use equivalent effort when working standing up, crawling, crouching, and climbing on a regular basis).
$23.32 per hour (Collective Agreement under negotiation)
UNITED STEEL WORKER – LOCAL 9538 (LOY)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 6, 2013, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.