COSTUME TECHNICIAN - DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE (P2471A)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
FACULTY OF FINE ARTS
Deadline: November 16, 2012
This is a full-time maternity leave replacement effective until March 3, 2015.
Reporting to the Director of Performance Production, the incumbent provides technical support to costume design students in the costume shop, which serves both as a costume classroom and a workshop facility.
- Participate in meetings with students to plan the development of a production.
- Assist with dress rehearsals.
- Follow up and respect production budget limits set by the Performance Production Director.
- Participate in production meetings.
- Plan and buy materials required for the production of costumes.
- Ensure that health and safety norms are adhered to in the workshops and in the dye room as various machines and products are used.
- Cut and sew costumes.
- Diploma of College Studies (3-year technical program) in Apparel Production Management or Fashion, or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and four years of related work experience; or a Bachelorís degree in Theatre or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities and two years of related work experience.
- Experience in cutting and sewing and in miscellaneous costume crafts such as millinery and dyeing.
- Solid knowledge of industrial and domestic sewing machines.
- Good knowledge of spoken English and French (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with design students and to provide information to them.
- Superior communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Good disposition for teamwork; ability to work flexible hours.
- Valid driverís license mandatory.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the Universityís satisfaction.(e.g.: to lift and carry several times a day a wide range of materials and accessories weighing at times weigh 30 kg).
$21.44 to $32.29 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by November 16, 2012, to:Josy Cirella
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - email@example.com
Internal Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.