BUDGET ANALYST (P4717)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
ENROLMENT AND STUDENT SERVICES
Deadline: May 30, 2013
Reporting to the Manager Administration, the incumbent participates in the management of the Enrolment & Student Services’ operating, non-operating, budgets and capital accounts. He/she is also responsible for assisting in enrolment analyses.
- Administer Enrolment & Student Services budget control and practices. Advise on budgeting control mechanism and allocation of resources and financial policies; coordinate equipment purchases; assist the Manager in the budget planning process.
- Monitor the financial performance of units and designated special fund accounts; review and follow-up on all documentation related to financial management.
- Analyze data and provide monthly reports and forecasts on the budget position of the sector to the Associate Vice-President, ESS and Directors.
- Liaise with the various directorates as well as financial services to ensure account reconciliation and that account deficits and surpluses comply with University policies.
- Train employees in the sector responsible for unit budget reconciliation.
- Compile, analyze and prepare reports in support of enrolment analysis; design and implement process control measures to enhance greater efficiency of services within the Sector.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of Enrolment & Student Services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of relevant budget experience.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with students, staff & faculty as well as to draft correspondence, documentation and reports; basic spoken French (Level 3) to answer to general inquiries.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel to create, maintain and update elaborate documents, spreadsheets and reports; basic knowledge of PowerPoint to create presentation.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of business process analysis principles.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to details.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as member of a team and independently.
$53,631.07 – $64,094.09 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 30, 2013, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.