SERVICE ASSISTANT (P3824A)
Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation when submitting their application electronically. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow 12 hours from the time you send in your application in order to receive an e-mail confirmation.
Deadline: December 3, 2012
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, the incumbent provides a welcoming and caring environment for the University community by providing front-line customer service and supporting the daily operations of Health Services.
- Provide front-line reception for high-volume walk-in traffic of students, staff, and faculty and outside community; provide office support and prepare correspondence for clinical services; receive and process payments for personal and medical supplies including immunizations.
- Prepare confidential medical dossiers and ensure that files are complete with laboratory reports, test results and specialist’ medical reports.
- Ensure that all patients have valid medical coverage or provide them with information on obtaining required health insurance coverage; re-process or charge the student account when insurance claims are refused.
- Identify urgent and emergency situations and ensure that the appropriate health professionals are immediately notified.
- Enter and modify information in the medical scheduling and data management system; compile medical statistical reports.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of College Studies (two-year program) and one to two years related work experience. Previous experience working in a high-volume, service area is a highly desirable asset.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) in order to communicate with patients and visitors, give and interpret detailed information/explanations and to write correspondence. Basic spoken French (Level 3) in order to provide general information and to respond to in-person and telephone queries.
- Basic knowledge of Word (in order to create and format correspondence and documents).
- Keen attention to details.
- Superior organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with a high volume of inquiries.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently within a multi-disciplinary team.
$20.53 – 24.48 per hour (Pay equity adjusted salary rate)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 3, 2012, to:Elvira Fiorentino
Department of Human Resources
1455, boul. de Maisonneuve O.
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1M8
Fax: (514) 848-2844
External Candidates - firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Candidates - email@example.com
(please enter your Employee ID number in the subject line)
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.