Resources for the community
Concordia’s a big place that’s always bustling with a wide variety of activities. To help community members find what they’re looking for, we’ve created a list of resources below.
Connect with researchers
With established and emerging strengths in both fundamental and applied research, Concordia researchers are generating foundational knowledge, nurturing discoveries, fostering innovation and making evidence‐based contributions that respond to the needs of society. Our research and research‐creation activity spans a wide range of disciplines and fields.
- Are you curious to know which researchers are working on what? Visit Explore Concordia to learn more about the work of our diverse faculty.
- Much of Concordia’s research is rooted in the community. Visit our research page to learn more about our many research centres that are taking a community-based approach.
- Visit our Faculties and departments to find out more about each their own unique research strengths.
Work with students
Would your organization benefit from hosting a student intern? Concordia’s programs offer students the opportunity to get academic credit for real world experience. Check out the list of internships below and get in touch with the respective coordinators to find out how you can get involved.
List of different internship coordinators:
- Institute for Cooperative Education
- Department of Applied Human Sciences – Eva Pomeroy
- Department of Geography, Planning and Environment - Maude Lecourt
- Department of Political Science – Eve Pankovitch
- Sustainable Internship Program, John Molson School of Business - firstname.lastname@example.org
- MBA Community Service Initiative - Dave McKenzie
- School of Community & Public Affairs- Perry Calce
Would you like to advertise your non-profit’s volunteer opportunities to Concordians? The LIVE Centre can help you do just that.
Hold your community activities on campus
Are you part of community engagement initiative in need of a meeting or event space? Through its Open Door Policy, the Office of Community Engagement is proud to partner with Concordia’s Hospitality department to offer discounted rental rates to small, not-for-profit community organizations as well as students, staff, and faculty members who engage external communities in their activities.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for in the list above, get in touch with the Office of Community Engagement and we'll be happy to help point you in the right direction. You can find our contact details below.