514-848-2424, ext. 4818
A client-focused approach to service excellence
Concordia’s Services Sector consists of six areas:
- Budget Planning and Business Development
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources
- Instructional and Information Technology Services
Together, our areas deliver services that are essential to supporting the needs of the community, to advancing the university’s academic mission and to enriching the student experience. We share a common vision and understanding of our collective role. We serve a vibrant and diverse community that includes students, faculty and staff. For their benefit, and in support of the university’s strategic priorities, we aim to continually improve the quality of our services while pursuing innovative program models that allow us to do more with available resources.
These shared values underscore the keys to our success in achieving our strategic priorities:
- A client-focused approach to service development and delivery that guides our actions.
- Employees are our most valued assets and their full engagement keeps us strong.
- Teamwork and collaboration across service units are key to achieving outstanding results.
- Creativity and new thinking that allow us to find the most cost-effective means to meet client needs.
Our Operating Principles
Our areas collectively aim to deliver top-quality, superior service to meet the needs of our students, faculty and staff. Our work also supports the university’s academic mission and its vision to become one of the leading comprehensive universities in the country. To achieve this, we start from three fundamental operating tenets: We are proud to be a part of the community. The Services Sector is composed of dedicated and committed professionals who work hard every day to ensure a level of quality service and excellence in client care. We strive for effective and open communications.
The Services Sector is committed to fostering ongoing dialogue with campus groups to enhance the student experience and promote active participation in university life while interacting with local communities. We welcome feedback to help us improve our offerings. We seek to build a better university for all. The Services Sector is continually updating and optimizing its program-delivery models to reflect emerging needs and practices in sustainability, operations, information technology and communications.